Wrongful Termination Violations in Santa Clara County
If you are a victim of unlawfully termination in Santa Clara, you may be entitled to recover damages from your employer by hiring our firm to represent you as your employment attorney. The wrongful termination lawyers at the Santa Clara Employment Lawyer Firm have helped many clients who have been unlawfully terminated or retaliated against in the work force now for over 30 years. In order to achieve the best possible outcome for your wrongful termination case our Santa Clara Employment Lawyers will aggressively seek justice for your rights whether in or out of court to help you get the compensation you deserve. We understand its difficult to be fired from your job and the last thing our your mind is going through the hardships of financial difficulty and looking for a new job. This is why our law firm was put in place – to help victims turn employer wrongs into employee rights.
Filing a Wrongful Termination Lawsuit Against in Santa Clara for the following Violations:
- Demanding overtime, rest breaks or lunch breaks that you have earned or are entitled to
- Opposition to some unlawful activity- being a whistleblower in Santa Clara
- Requesting accommodation
- Serving jury duty
- Taking family and/or medical leave that you are entitled to
- Taking pregnancy leave- see pregnancy discrimination
- Taking time off to vote
- Termination based on race, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or some other protected class- see discrimination in the workplace
- Your Marital or family status
There are a number of other reasons and situations where termination is considered to be unlawful in the state of California.
- Firing as a form of sexual harassment
- Firing in retaliation of an employee having filed a complaint or claim against the employer
- Firing in violation of Federal and State anti-discrimination laws
- Firing in violation of labor laws
- Termination because an employee has requested leave for or filed a complaint in the following ways:
- Workplace safety complaint
- Whistle blowing
- Jury duty
- Domestic violence complaint
Some violations in Santa Clara carry statutory penalties, while some require the your former employer to pay damages for lost wages and other expenses unique to each case. In some cases, a wrongful termination case may pays you punitive damages to the terminated employee for their wrongful acts against your employment.
Laws in California Dealing with Wrongful Termination
In the State of California, the majority of employment relationships are on an “at will”. This means that the employer and the employee may terminate the employment relationship for any reason, with or without cause. The only exception is when there is an unlawful motivation or retaliatory reason for the termination. When the employer’s conduct violates state and federal laws, it is grounds for a lawsuit.
All employees who have suffered unlawful conduct in the State of California are protected under the Fair Employment and Housing Act and/or California Constitution.
If you find yourself in need of a wrongful termination attorney call the Santa Clara Employment Lawyer firm today.
Call Us 877-789-9707 for a free no obligation consultation.